The Office of Voter Registration and Election Commission provides the opportunity for all qualified citizens to register to vote, maintains an accurate database of registered voters, and acts as the absentee voting precinct in all Federal, State, and local elections held in the County.
The mission of the Orangeburg County Voter Registration and Election Commission is to ensure every eligible citizen has the opportunity to register to vote, participate in fair and impartial elections, and have the assurance that their votes will count.
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to an election.
What is needed to register to Vote :
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- Be a resident of South Carolina and of Orangeburg County
- Not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- Have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Register to Vote
Register Online - At SC Online Voter Registration
- Requires S.C. Driver’s License or S.C. DMV ID
- Register by mail, email, or fax - Complete and return your Voter Registration Form (PDF)
- Mail to : Orangeburg County Voter Registration Office, 1475 Amelia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115 Fax:803-533-6215 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register in person - Visit Orangeburg County Voter Registration Office 1475 Amelia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115.
Photo ID Requirements
When voting in person, you will be asked to show one of the following Photo IDs at your polling place:
- SC Driver’s License
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles ID Card
- SC Voter Registration Card with Photo
- Federal Military ID
- US Passport
To learn more about Photo ID required at the polling place. Click here
Update Your Address
- Complete an online Voter Registration form at SC Online Voter Registration. Online registration requires a S.C. Driver’s License or (S.C. DMV) ID Card, address from DMV will be use to update your information.
- Download a Change of Address Form (PDF), print it, fill it out, send to the Voter Registration office:
Visit the Orangeburg County Voter Registration Office, 1475 Amelia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115, complete an application, and cast your ballot. You may vote absentee in person up until 5:00 p.m. on the day before the election. Photo ID required to vote.
Additional in-person absentee locations are available for some elections. Contact our office for additional information 803-533-6210.
Follow these steps to vote absentee by mail. Photo ID is not required to vote absentee by mail. Absentee Ballot Form: Request for Absentee Application (PDF)
Step 1: Get an absentee application
Step 2: You may return the application by mail, email, fax, or personal delivery.
Step 3: Receive your absentee ballot in the mail.
Step 4: Vote the ballot following ballot instructions and return it to the county voter registration office in your county of residence by 7:00 p.m. on the day of the election.
Persons qualified to vote by absentee ballot:
Absentee Qualifying: Qualifying Reasons (PDF)
Who Can Request an Application/Return an Absentee Ballot
If you have any questions, please contact the Voter Registration and Election Commission office via the Contact Us section at the top of the page.