- Office of Emergency Services
Office of Emergency Services
Orangeburg County Office of Emergency Services is seeking comments from the public on the DRAFT Hazard Mitigation Plan. Please click the link below to view the document.
Please review the document and share any questions, concerns or comments with Amanda J. Sievers, Planning Director for Orangeburg County, firstname.lastname@example.org or (803)268-2934
The Orangeburg County Office of Emergency Services was created in 1988. The office was originally the Emergency Preparedness Department. This new name reflects the additional roles and responsibilities of the office.
When the County is threatened by a disaster or major emergency the Office of Emergency Services is the coordinating agency for response to the incident. We are responsible for developing plans to deal with the incidents and coordinating the response to them.
Management & Coordination
- Coordination with:
- Citizen Corps/Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Emergency Communications
- Emergency Management Program
- Hazardous Materials Program
- Search and Rescue Task Force
- Special Tactics and Rescue Team
- Hazardous materials events
- Natural disasters and severe weather
- Public health emergencies
- Search events/missing persons
- Specialized/technical rescues
- Transportation accidents
Report storm damage to a structure.
Emergency Alert Program
Get alerted about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for Orangeburg County’s Code Red Weather Warnings.
Office of Emergency Services Calendar
Check the calendar for upcoming training.
For more information, please visit us on Facebook and Twitter!