The Orangeburg County Code Enforcement Department is charged with enforcing County ordinances related to litter and property maintenance.
Code Enforcement Mission Statement
To provide our citizens with the highest quality of service and to uphold and enforce Codes and Standards established to protect the Public Health, Safety and Welfare of all residents, business owners and visitors based upon priorities which are consistent with established standards. Courtesy and professionalism will serve as guiding principles which will permeate the character of the Code Unit, thereby ensuring that our determination to deter blight within the County is tempered with sensitivity and compassion.
Code Enforcement Department Goals
- To enforce the County Litter ordinances and South Carolina litter laws.
- To educate the public about the County’s codes and ordinances and to obtain voluntary compliance.
- Strive to perform our duties in a fair, professional and courteous manner.
- Protect the Health, Safety, and Welfare of all property owners, residents, tenants, businesses and visitors.
- Develop and establish standards and ordinances that ensure positive effects on property value, community appearance, and neighborhood pride.
- Partner with other departments and agencies to reach our common goals.
- Partner with community organizations and associations and assist them in reaching common goals.
- Establish and maintain a proactive environment to help solve community problems and stay at the forefront of creative and effective Code Enforcement.