The primary responsibility of the Auditor’s Office is to assess all personal property within the County including:
- Business personal property
The Auditor’s Office also accepts applications for the Homestead Exemption Program for individuals age sixty-five as of December 31, preceding the tax year. A person legally blind, or 100% disabled also qualifies for the exemption as well.
Tax Dollar Distribution
Do you know where your Taxes are distributed to? We break your property tax receipt down and show you exactly where they go. In some areas, certain taxes may or may not apply. View a copy of the Tax Receipt Example (JPG).
In South Carolina, vehicle taxes are paid a year in advance. If you are renewing your vehicle license tag, you can pay your taxes and renewal fee to the Treasurer’s office and eliminate having to go to the Highway Department. If you receive a tax notice for a boat or motor that you no longer own, you must notify the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources at:
Post Office Box 167
Columbia, SC 29202
When paying your taxes, please make reference on your check to the receipt number. This reduces the possibility of errors in posting your payment. If you receive a tax notice for a vehicle you no longer own, you will need to contact the Auditor’s office.
Forms / Documents
The Auditor’s Office offers the following forms for viewing or download. If you have questions regarding these documents, how they should be filled out, where they should be submitted or anything else pertaining to them please do not hesitate to contact the Auditor’s Office via the contact form. Forms that are filled out incorrectly or that are incomplete will not be processed!
- 2018 County Millage (PDF)
- Auditor Information Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- County Business Personal Property return
- Department of Motor Vehicles Form 400 (PDF)
- Department of Revenue Application for Organization Exemption(PDF)
- Department of Revenue Application for Vehicle Exemption(PDF)
- Department of Revenue Business Personal Property Return State (PDF)
- High Mileage Appeal Form (PDF)
- Orangeburg County Boat Residential Status Affidavit (PDF)
- Tax Dollar Distribution
- Watercraft Disposal Form (PDF)