Orangeburg Area Development Center (OADC)
The Orangeburg Area Development Center is a multi-purpose community center which was designed to meet the recreational, social, and cultural needs of people of all ages. Emphasis is placed on the needs of our youth as indicated by our programs, which include a child development program for 3 year olds, an after school program for children 5 to 12 years old, organized basketball for youth and adults, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, a summer education and recreational program for children 5 to 12 years old, an exercise program for adults, and a STAR program (designed to teach teens responsibility). We form partnerships with several civic groups, educational institutions, and other government agencies to carry out these functions. If you have any questions regarding the Orangeburg Area Development Center, please contact our office by phone or via the contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question about the OADC? Here is a list of frequently asked questions that might give you the answer. If you have a question that is not on our list, please contact the OADC office via the Contact Form on the bottom of the page.
Q. How do I sign my child up for your programs?
Q. What does it cost for my child to participate in your program?
Q. Do I have to be an Orangeburg County resident to participate?
- Q. How do I sign my child up for your programs?
- A. Come by the Center and fill out the appropriate registration material. A birth certificate or proof of age is required for registration in all child related activities. Registration for child development and after school programs take place around mid June. Registration for the after school program may take place anytime during the school year, basketball registration takes place in November and December, and the STAR and adult exercise programs are on-going and individuals may sign up anytime throughout the year.
- Q. What does it cost for my child to participate in your program?
- A. Most of our programs are free, although there is a weekly fee for the Child Development Program and a one time fee for the after school and summer programs. Some additional cost may be applied for supplies. OADC does not provide transportation to and from our programs. Fees may very, so feel free to contact us via the contact form on the bottom of the page.
- Q. Do I have to be an Orangeburg County resident to participate?
- A. Yes. Participants must be residents of Orangeburg County.
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
OADC Dept. Head
- Hercules Mack
- Office: (803) 533-5871
- Office: (803) 533-5872